The EU Organic Logo
The organic logo of the European Union gives a coherent visual identity to certified organic products marketed in the EU. This makes it easier for EU based consumers to identify organic products and helps producers to market them across all EU countries.
The organic logo can only be used on products that have been certified as organic by EGYCERT. This means that they meet all applicable requirements laid down in EGYCERT Production Standard and Control Measures. The products shall be covered by a valid Documentary Evidence.
Note: For detailed instructions over the use of claims referring to Organic Production and the use of the EU Logo, refer to EGYCERT Production Standard and Control Measures or to Regulations (EC) 834/2007 and 889/2008.
The EGYCERT logo can be used for Organic & GLOBAL G.A.P. certified products covered by EGYCERT Certification System. The logo cannot be used on a product, on primary product packing, on certificates of conformity or in any way that may be interpreted as denoting product conformity. The logo cannot be used by sites or activities not included in the certification scope, by licensees of a certified company or in any misleading manner.
To ensure that conformity marks are used in a correct way, a written approval from EGYCERT shall be required before using of the logo
Rules for the Use of EgyCert LOGO
- The EgyCert logo can be used for Organic & GLOBAL G.A.P. scheme by any client certified by EgyCert.
- The logo cannot be used on a product, on primary product packing, on certificates of conformity or in any way that may be interpreted as denoting product conformity.
- The logo cannot be used by sites or activities not included in the scope; by licensees of a certified company or in any misleading manner.
- EgyCert logo when used on Client’s stationary should have size lower than the size of the client logo.
- Any misuse for EgyCert logo such as using the logo on packages of products not certified by EgyCert or not included in EgyCert scope of accreditation give EgyCert the rights to apply sanctions which can be appealed according to EgyCert appealing procedure.
To ensure that the correct markings are used, the following rules shall be observed by all companies who receive certification through EgyCert:
· A written approval from EgyCert is required before using of its logo by using the request for using EgyCert logo.
· The logo shall be displayed only in the appropriate form, size and color.
· Reproduction of the logo shall be based on the master versions supplied by EgyCert.
· EgyCert certificate holders may use the appropriate EgyCert logo according to the manner described in Rules of Using of EgyCert Logo form on publicity material such as Stationary (Letterhead), Brochures, marketing material, as well as Client Website.
· When EgyCert logo is printed, it shall be displayed in a size not larger than the certificate holder logo
· EgyCert shall audit the use of EgyCert logo by the certificate holders during inspection.
· EgyCert reserve the right to suspend or withdraw the certificate in case of the misuse of EgyCert logo; EgyCert shall inform the certificate holder(s) with the case in a written manner for immediate actions otherwise EgyCert shall take the required legal action.
· The operator has to pay EgyCert fees before using EgyCert Logo according to the organic operation contract signed with EgyCert.